Leveraging decades of plant operations experience, Capstone Technology delivers immediate value to our customers through innovative, leading edge software solutions.
Capstone Technology Is Hiring Talented People To Expand Our Growing Team.
Leveraging decades of plant operations experience, Capstone Technology delivers immediate value to our customers through innovative, cutting edge software solutions.
Capstone employs over 50 professionals. Employees are both local- based in their Vancouver, WA headquarters- and remote.
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer, believing strongly that employee diversity helps us build a competitive business, providing the best products and services to our clients.
Capstone’s dataPARC Software Suite Enhances Plant Information. The MACS Software SUITE Facilitates Plant Automation.
With hundreds of installations across process industries including oil & gas, pulp & paper, power & utility, chemicals & refining, metals & mining, and food & beverage, Capstone delivers a foundation of solutions that establishes a culture of continuous improvement.
The success of Capstone is within its diversity of work, and the professional growth of our people. We pursue work in multiple vertical markets in the process industry all across the globe.
Capstone offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, flexible schedules and a great work environment. Browse the Capstone Technology site as well as our product sites www.dataparc.com and www.macscontrols.com to experience why Capstone is such a dynamic place to work — and possibly the right place for you!
Positions We Are Looking For May Include: Software Engineers, Project Engineers, Sales Engineers, Software Support Techs, Technical Writers, and Interns.
Seasoned sales representative that will call on existing and prospective customers in the defined territory to generate new revenue. The position will be focused on winning new business, along with managing existing accounts. Applicants should be extremely self-motivated with ability to prospect potential customers, manage the day to day sales process, manage existing customers, coordinate & lead presentations and demos, develop proposals and close sales.
- Develop market need for dataPARC software products and services by calling on all existing and prospective customers in the defined territory.
- Maintain an active and healthy pipeline, managing all aspects of their accounts such as on-going maintenance and ongoing services
- Develop and maintain a sufficient knowledge of core industries (Utilities, Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Metals & Mining, Paper, and Life Sciences) and stay current with their trends and issues to effectively apply dataPARC to meet customer business goals.
- Perform presentations and demonstrations to prospective customers promoting the value of the dataPARC product for their business needs.
- Work with technical sales and sales management to answer commercial & technical questions as they arise in the sales process.
- Develop software and professional services proposals for new and existing customers.
- Manage all annual software maintenance renewals & proposals in defined territory with the assistance of inside sales.
- Maintain knowledge of dataPARC products, and advantages over the competition.
- Expedite resolution of key customer complaints and problems.
- Effectively use the available internal resources available in marketing, engineering, sales management and technical support to meet prospects’ individual business goals.
- Utilize CRM for managing customers, leads, opportunities and forecasting.
- Regularly meet with sales management and marketing to provide feedback on your needs to grow sales.
- Prioritize routine work, respects schedule of others, flexible in response to changing environment.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster aid and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness
- Participate in all training offered by Capstone as relevant to department or position
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers demonstrating a high level of confidentiality and respect
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge, interest and skill in the use of Information Technology within the process industry domain, typically derived from employment or consulting
- IT Skills consisting of a basic knowledge of operating systems, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Windows and knowledge of a programming language
- Mobility is mandatory, given that the travel customer sites will be required 25-50% of time
- Essential traits for success are those of being a self-directed, well-organized, driven, autonomous type of individual.
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) skills, personal tact and diplomacy, and excellent problem solving skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of dataPARC or PARCview system a plus
- BS, MS or PhD in Engineering (Chemical Preferred)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as an Outside Sales Representative - preference given to experience serving process industries or working for a process information software vendor (such as OSIsoft, Aspen Tech, etc.).
- Experience working with process historian and data visualization software packages such as OSIsoft’s PI, AspenTech’s IP.21, Honeywell PHD, Siemens XHQ or Capstone’s PARCview.