Software Support Specialist – India
At dataPARC, we don’t just make software – we make manufacturers’ lives easier by getting information to people in a way that it can quickly be used to solve problems. Improving industrial operations is what we do, and dataPARC is how we do it.
Over the past 25 years, we’ve built a reputation for delivering the most intuitive and easy-to-use manufacturing decision support system available. Our customers love us, and many have even joined our team.
We’re a forward-thinking company, always looking for employees who bring fresh perspectives and new ideas to our space. While we’re known for our expertise in industrial analytics, we’re also a team that values diversity, inclusivity, and collaboration. If you’re dedicated to making a difference in manufacturing, we want to hear from you.
dataPARC is a division of Capstone Technology, part of the BTG Group, a subsidiary of the Voith Group.
WHY JOIN US
At dataPARC, we believe in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits of joining our team:
- Beautiful new office space near Portland, Oregon, just blocks from the Columbia River.
- Hybrid work environment with fully remote option for out-of-area employees.
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition assistance, paid maternity leave and more.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Welcoming, inclusive organization where everyone is valued and respected.
- Compassionate leadership team that values work/life balance.
- The opportunity to work for a respected brand in manufacturing and make a real difference in the lives of our customers.
The Software Support Specialist position develops customer satisfaction and loyalty by resolving a wide variety of complex customer issues and customer education inquiries. Must master and implement the dataPARC line of products. Must be highly skilled at troubleshooting Microsoft client/server software and network related issues. Solve complex technical issues ranging from intermediate to expert level. Works well with internal teams as well as external organizations to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
This position will be based in the office located in Hyderabad.
- Interact directly with customers, vendors, and resellers via email and phone.
- Troubleshoot advanced dataPARC software issues on the Microsoft OS platform.
- Troubleshoot software network related issue at an expert level.
- Create and manage advanced cases and work to resolution.
- Lead customer Microsoft server software migrations and upgrade projects
- Become advanced in the dataPARC line of projects and surrounding technologies such as SQL Server Administration, T-SQL scripting, VBA scripting.
- Demonstrate strong empathy for customer concerns.
- Product testing and bug reporting. Create testing environments and simulations.
- Provide customer training covering product line & customization options.
- Detailed time tracking for internal and client billing and project management.
- Proactively assist & mentor team members as needed.
- Other specialized functions & projects as assigned.
- Prioritizes routine work, respects schedule of others, flexible in response to changing environment.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster aid and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Participates in all training offered by Capstone as relevant to department or position.
- Communicates effectively, demonstrating a high level of confidentiality and respect.
- Be available for after-hours support on-call rotation and work extended hours as needed.
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of the team. In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model BTG’s Code of Conduct and support BTG’s Values: Innovative, Reliable, Fair, Sustainable and Ambitious. Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
- No supervisory responsibilities
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong ability to analyze abstract problems and find solutions.
- Learn technologies to perform job duties.
- Highly skilled at troubleshooting performance, network, and software related issues.
- Expert level ability to troubleshoot Windows Client & Microsoft Server OS.
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, TCIP Networking
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong ability to solve, document and communicate to resolve software issues.
- Strong customer relations, organizational skills, and priority management.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to use appropriate independent judgment to make decisions.
- Ability to learn and apply organization policy and procedure.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- 9AM to 6PM Sunday through Thursday India Standard Time (IST)
- Training Period Schedule (First 3 Months): Monday – Friday/Saturday: 8PM to 5AM (IST)
- Required: English – Advanced / Fluent
- Required: Hindi – Advanced / Fluent
- B.S. Computer Science
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience writing code such as VB.NET, C-, VBA, T-SQL
- Experience with OPC, DCS or PLC datasoures
- Experience with data historians such as OSI PI, IP21, Proficy, FactoryTalk etc.
- Five years of experience in a similar position preferred.
Here at dataPARC, we love the challenges brought to us by both the process industry and our customers. We aim to create an atmosphere of teamwork and unyielding support from colleagues who have been with the company 7 years on average; many who have been on board over 20 years. If you join our team, we know you will enjoy the people and the challenges you encounter daily.
dataPARC software is installed in 800 sites in 40 countries around the world, helping people in plants make the best decisions for their business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our business strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees and customers by contributing our time and talents to local charities and each other.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITMENT PRIVACY NOTICE
Please note, before applying to a dataPARC job posting or sending us your resume/CV, kindly refer to dataPARC/Capstone/BTG’s Recruitment Privacy Notice, which is available on our website at: https://www.btg.com/btgs-recruiment-policy/
We thank you for your interest in dataPARC; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.