At dataPARC, we don’t just make software – we make manufacturers’ lives easier by getting information to people in a way that it can quickly be used to solve problems. Improving industrial operations is what we do, and dataPARC is how we do it.
Over the past 25 years, we’ve built a reputation for delivering the most intuitive and easy-to-use manufacturing decision support system available. Our customers love us, and many have even joined our team.
We’re a forward-thinking company, always looking for employees who bring fresh perspectives and new ideas to our space. While we’re known for our expertise in industrial analytics, we’re also a team that values diversity, inclusivity, and collaboration. If you’re dedicated to making a difference in manufacturing, we want to hear from you.
dataPARC is a division of Capstone Technology, part of the BTG Group, a subsidiary of the Voith Group.
WHY JOIN US
At dataPARC, we believe in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits of joining our team:
- Beautiful new office space near Portland, Oregon, just blocks from the Columbia River.
- Hybrid work environment with fully remote option for out-of-area employees.
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition assistance, paid maternity leave and more.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Welcoming, inclusive organization where everyone is valued and respected.
- Compassionate leadership team that values work/life balance.
- The opportunity to work for a respected brand in manufacturing and make a real difference in the lives of our customers.
The UX-UI designer is a key member of the development team. Preliminary designs must be delivered quickly while detailed designs are used as the base of UI development and must be very clean. The designs must be flexible to accommodate the requirements of our customers while still following good design principles.
- Work with stakeholders and product owner on requirements
- Manage models in design tool. We are currently using Figma
- Manage related artifacts like fonts and style files
- Work with legacy WPF and new React applications. The WPF application is mature and extensive so it is not possible to start the design process from scratch
- Interact with developers on choice of components. We are currently using Telerik’s Kendo library for most components in React development
- Provide UX-UI leadership
- Work with existing design team and work independently. Some of the product lines have an existing UX-UI team while other product lines do not. This position must work effectively in both scenarios
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster aid and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness
- Participate in all training offered by Capstone as relevant to department or position
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers demonstrating a high level of confidentiality and respect
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of the team. In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model BTG’s Code of Conduct and support BTG’s Values: Innovative, Reliable, Fair, Sustainable and Ambitious. Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to balance customer requirements with good design principles to produce optimal user experience for our products
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Commitment to quality
- Ability to use appropriate independent judgment to make decisions
- Ability to learn and apply organization policy and procedures
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) skills, personal tact and diplomacy, and excellent problem solving skills are mandatory
- 5 years of experience as a UX/UI Designer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 1-5 years Process Engineering experience
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Requires prolonged sitting and/or frequent mobility
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs
- Requires manual dexterity to operate keyboard, calculator, and other office equipment
- Requires normal range of visual and hearing
Here at dataPARC, we love the challenges brought to us by both the process industry and our customers. We aim to create an atmosphere of teamwork and unyielding support from colleagues who have been with the company 7 years on average; many who have been on board over 20 years. If you join our team, we know you will enjoy the people and the challenges you encounter daily.
dataPARC software is installed in 800 sites in 40 countries around the world, helping people in plants make the best decisions for their business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our business strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees and customers by contributing our time and talents to local charities and each other.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Recruitment Privacy Notice:
Please note, before applying to a dataPARC job posting or sending us your resume/CV, kindly refer to Capstone/BTG’s Recruitment Privacy Notice, which is available on our website at: https://www.btg.com/btgs-recruiment-policy/
We thank you for your interest in dataPARC; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.