Regional Sales Manager – Southwest Territory
At dataPARC, we don’t just make software – we make manufacturers’ lives easier by getting information to people in a way that it can quickly be used to solve problems. Improving industrial operations is what we do, and dataPARC is how we do it.
Over the past 25 years, we’ve built a reputation for delivering the most intuitive and easy-to-use manufacturing decision support system available. Our customers love us, and many have even joined our team.
We’re a forward-thinking company, always looking for employees who bring fresh perspectives and new ideas to our space. While we’re known for our expertise in industrial analytics, we’re also a team that values diversity, inclusivity, and collaboration. If you’re dedicated to making a difference in manufacturing, we want to hear from you.
dataPARC is a division of Capstone Technology, part of the BTG Group, a subsidiary of the Voith Group.
WHY JOIN US
At dataPARC, we believe in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits of joining our team:
- Beautiful new office space near Portland, Oregon, just blocks from the Columbia River.
- Hybrid work environment with fully remote option for out-of-area employees.
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition assistance, paid maternity leave and more.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Welcoming, inclusive organization where everyone is valued and respected.
- Compassionate leadership team that values work/life balance.
- The opportunity to work for a respected brand in manufacturing and make a real difference in the lives of our customers.
Seasoned sales representative that will call on existing and prospective customers in the defined territory to generate new revenue. The position will be focused on winning new business, along with managing existing accounts. Applicants should be extremely self-motivated with ability to prospect potential customers, manage the day to day sales process, manage existing customers, coordinate & lead presentations and demos, develop proposals and close sales.
- Develop market need for dataPARC software products and services by calling on all existing and prospective customers in the defined territory.
- Maintain an active and healthy pipeline, managing all aspects of their accounts such as on-going maintenance and ongoing services
- Develop and maintain a sufficient knowledge of core industries (Utilities, Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Metals & Mining, Paper, and Life Sciences) and stay current with their trends and issues to effectively apply dataPARC to meet customer business goals.
- Perform presentations and demonstrations to prospective customers promoting the value of the dataPARC product for their business needs.
- Work with technical sales and sales management to answer commercial & technical questions as they arise in the sales process.
- Develop software and professional services proposals for new and existing customers.
- Manage all annual software maintenance renewals & proposals in defined territory with the assistance of inside sales.
- Maintain knowledge of dataPARC products, and advantages over the competition.
- Expedite resolution of key customer complaints and problems.
- Effectively use the available internal resources available in marketing, engineering, sales management and technical support to meet prospects’ individual business goals.
- Utilize CRM for managing customers, leads, opportunities and forecasting.
- Regularly meet with sales management and marketing to provide feedback on your needs to grow sales.
- Prioritize routine work, respects schedule of others, flexible in response to changing environment.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster aid and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness
- Participate in all training offered by Capstone as relevant to department or position
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers demonstrating a high level of confidentiality and respect
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge, interest and skill in the use of Information Technology within the process industry domain, typically derived from employment or consulting
- IT Skills consisting of a basic knowledge of operating systems, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Windows and knowledge of a programming language
- Mobility is mandatory, given that the travel customer sites will be required 25-50% of time
- Essential traits for success are those of being a self-directed, well-organized, driven, autonomous type of individual.
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) skills, personal tact and diplomacy, and excellent problem solving skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of dataPARC or PARCview system a plus
- BS, MS or PhD in Engineering (Chemical Preferred)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as an Outside Sales Representative – preference given to experience serving process industries or working for a process information software vendor (such as OSIsoft, Aspen Tech, etc.).
- Experience working with process historian and data visualization software packages such as OSIsoft’s PI, AspenTech’s IP.21, Honeywell PHD, Siemens XHQ or Capstone’s PARCview.
Here at dataPARC, we love the challenges brought to us by both the process industry and our customers. We aim to create an atmosphere of teamwork and unyielding support from colleagues who have been with the company 7 years on average; many who have been on board over 20 years. If you join our team, we know you will enjoy the people and the challenges you encounter daily.
dataPARC software is installed in 800 sites in 40 countries around the world, helping people in plants make the best decisions for their business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our business strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees and customers by contributing our time and talents to local charities and each other.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Privacy Notice:
Please note, before applying to a dataPARC job posting or sending us your resume/CV, kindly refer to Capstone/BTG’s Recruitment Privacy Notice, which is available on our website at: https://www.btg.com/btgs-recruiment-policy/
We thank you for your interest in dataPARC; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.