At dataPARC, we don’t just make software – we make manufacturers’ lives easier by getting information to people in a way that it can quickly be used to solve problems. Improving industrial operations is what we do, and dataPARC is how we do it.
Over the past 25 years, we’ve built a reputation for delivering the most intuitive and easy-to-use manufacturing decision support system available. Our customers love us, and many have even joined our team.
We’re a forward-thinking company, always looking for employees who bring fresh perspectives and new ideas to our space. While we’re known for our expertise in industrial analytics, we’re also a team that values diversity, inclusivity, and collaboration. If you’re dedicated to making a difference in manufacturing, we want to hear from you.
dataPARC is a division of Capstone Technology, part of the BTG Group, a subsidiary of the Voith Group.
WHY JOIN US
At dataPARC, we believe in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits of joining our team:
- Beautiful new office space near Portland, Oregon, just blocks from the Columbia River.
- Hybrid work environment with fully remote option for out-of-area employees.
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition assistance, paid maternity leave and more.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Welcoming, inclusive organization where everyone is valued and respected.
- Compassionate leadership team that values work/life balance.
- The opportunity to work for a respected brand in manufacturing and make a real difference in the lives of our customers.
The Sales Engineer role is a crucial piece to driving additional business through sales channels, as well as direct. The primary responsibilities include providing technical support for dataPARC’s partner program (resellers and system integrators), ensure ongoing customer success by providing project scoping for ongoing projects and provide product technical expertise as needed for Global Sales efforts. Secondary roles include providing product technical expertise for product marketing. Applicants should be extremely self-motivated, have deep application knowledge, have industry understanding and experience, work well with all types of people and communicate & present well to customers.
- Primary technical sales contact for sales channels and strategic partners, including the following
- Providing detailed technical information to sales channels during the recruitment process
- Technical product training
- Ongoing partner success
- Provide new product training
- End-customer support
- Match project requirements to dataPARC functionality
- Scoping and estimating for project work
- Assistance in responding to RFP’s
- Steering customers how to best apply dataPARC functionality to meet specific solutions
- Technical support for marketing content development such as white papers, case studies, product sheets and solution sheets
- Development of feature highlights and videos for new releases
- Prioritize routine work, respects schedule of others, flexible in response to changing environment.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster aid and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness
- Participate in all training offered by Capstone as relevant to department or position
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers demonstrating a high level of confidentiality and respect
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of application development in an object oríented programming language such as Visual Basic, Visual C++ or Visual Basic Net & Agile Project Development
- Demonstrated knowledge, interest and skill in the use of Information Technology within the process industry domain, typically derived from employment or consulting
- Knowledge of dataPARC and PARCview
- IT Skills consisting of a basic knowledge of operating systems, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Windows and knowledge of a programming language
- Good communication (written, verbal and listening) skills, personal tact and diplomacy, and excellent problem solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to use appropriate independent judgment to make decisions
- Ability to learn and apply organization policy and procedure
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- BS, MS or PhD in Engineering (Chemical Preferred)
- Minimum 1 year experience working in an operational or engineering capacity for industrial processes.
- Experience working with process historian and data visualization software packages such as OSIsoft’s PI, AspenTech’s IP.21, Honeywell PHD, Siemens XHQ or Capstone’s PARCview.
Here at dataPARC, we love the challenges brought to us by both the process industry and our customers. We aim to create an atmosphere of teamwork and unyielding support from colleagues who have been with the company 7 years on average; many who have been on board over 20 years. If you join our team, we know you will enjoy the people and the challenges you encounter daily.
dataPARC software is installed in 800 sites in 40 countries around the world, helping people in plants make the best decisions for their business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our business strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees and customers by contributing our time and talents to local charities and each other.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Privacy Notice:
Please note, before applying to a dataPARC job posting or sending us your resume/CV, kindly refer to Capstone/BTG’s Recruitment Privacy Notice, which is available on our website at: https://www.btg.com/btgs-recruiment-policy/
We thank you for your interest in dataPARC; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.