Regional Sales Manager – Eastern territory
At dataPARC, we don’t just make software – we make manufacturers’ lives easier by getting information to people in a way that it can quickly be used to solve problems. Improving industrial operations is what we do, and dataPARC is how we do it.
Over the past 25 years, we’ve built a reputation for delivering the most intuitive and easy-to-use manufacturing decision support system available. Our customers love us, and many have even joined our team.
We’re a forward-thinking company, always looking for employees who bring fresh perspectives and new ideas to our space. While we’re known for our expertise in industrial analytics, we’re also a team that values diversity, inclusivity, and collaboration. If you’re dedicated to making a difference in manufacturing, we want to hear from you.
dataPARC is a division of Capstone Technology, part of the BTG Group, a subsidiary of the Voith Group.
WHY JOIN US
At dataPARC, we believe in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits of joining our team:
- Beautiful new office space near Portland, Oregon, just blocks from the Columbia River.
- Hybrid work environment with fully remote option for out-of-area employees.
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition assistance, paid maternity leave and more.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Welcoming, inclusive organization where everyone is valued and respected.
- Compassionate leadership team that values work/life balance.
- The opportunity to work for a respected brand in manufacturing and make a real difference in the lives of our customers.
An experienced sales manager who will call on prospective customers in the defined territory. The primary job is to sell software/solutions to prospective customers. Applicants should be self-motivated with ability to develop sales strategy and channel partners, prospect for potential customers, manage day to day sales process for new and existing customers, coordinate & lead presentations and demos, write proposals and close sales.
- Develop regional & key account sales strategy
- Develop the market need for dataPARC software products and services by calling on all existing and prospective customers in the defined territory.
- Reach out to existing customers and prospects through emails, cold-calling and networking.
- Perform webinars, presentations and demonstrations to prospective customers promoting the value of the dataPARC product for their business needs.
- Answer commercial & technical questions as they arise in the sales process.
- Develop software and professional services proposals for new and existing customers.
- Manage all annual software maintenance renewals & proposals in defined territory.
- Maintain personal knowledge and skill level with dataPARC products, and advantages over the competition.
- Expedite resolution of key customer complaints and problems.
- Effectively use the available internal resources available in marketing, engineering, sales management and technical support to meet the Sales Manager’s individual business goals.
- Utilize CRM (MS Dynamics & SalesForce) for managing customers, leads, opportunities and forecasting.
- Regularly meet with sales management and marketing to provide feedback on your needs to grow sales.
- Participate in all training offered by Voith, BTG and Capstone as relevant to department or position.
- Travel within territory may be required.
- Responsible for own personal safety, the safety of the team and those around you.
- Work in accordance with and enforce compliance with all Voith, BTG, dataPARC policies (ex: Safety, Code of Conduct, Commercial Policy, Security Policy and Export Compliance).
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of the team. In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model BTG’s Code of Conduct and support BTG’s Values: Innovative, Reliable, Fair, Sustainable and Ambitious. Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working dataPARC or with other process historian and analytical software packages such as AVEVA PI, Honeywell PHD, Siemens XHQ, GE Proficy, MOPS, BrainCube, Wedge, Seeq.
- Operational Technology (OT) and IT experience including: requirements analysis, systems design, continuous process improvement, SPC/SQC, project management methods and tools.
- Experience with PARCmodel or other modelling and statistical software packages & languages such as Minitab, MATLAB, R or Python.
- Basic instrument/controls knowledge, including systems integration and OPC classic & OPC UA.
- IT and database skills consisting of a basic understanding of operating systems, industrial networks and communication protocols, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Windows Server and Windows 10, and MS SQL Server.
- BS or MS Degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Automation, Process Control or IT specialization.
- Minimum 4 years of sales experience with focus on large accounts, including enterprise sales experience at Sr Dir, VP, C-level.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in an operational or engineering capacity in the process industries. Process operations, automation, or maintenance experience an asset.
Here at dataPARC, we love the challenges brought to us by both the process industry and our customers. We aim to create an atmosphere of teamwork and unyielding support from colleagues who have been with the company 7 years on average; many who have been on board over 20 years. If you join our team, we know you will enjoy the people and the challenges you encounter daily.
dataPARC software is installed in 800 sites in 40 countries around the world, helping people in plants make the best decisions for their business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our business strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees and customers by contributing our time and talents to local charities and each other.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
RECRUITMENT PRIVACY NOTICE
Please note, before applying to a dataPARC job posting or sending us your resume/CV, kindly refer to dataPARC/Capstone/BTG’s Recruitment Privacy Notice, which is available on our website at: https://www.btg.com/btgs-recruiment-policy/
We thank you for your interest in dataPARC; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.