Project Implementation Engineer – North America
At dataPARC, we don’t just make software – we make manufacturers’ lives easier by getting information to people in a way that it can quickly be used to solve problems. Improving industrial operations is what we do, and dataPARC is how we do it.
Over the past 25 years, we’ve built a reputation for delivering the most intuitive and easy-to-use manufacturing decision support system available. Our customers love us, and many have even joined our team.
We’re a forward-thinking company, always looking for employees who bring fresh perspectives and new ideas to our space. While we’re known for our expertise in industrial analytics, we’re also a team that values diversity, inclusivity, and collaboration. If you’re dedicated to making a difference in manufacturing, we want to hear from you.
dataPARC is a division of Capstone Technology, part of the BTG Group, a subsidiary of the Voith Group.
WHY JOIN US
At dataPARC, we believe in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits of joining our team:
- Beautiful new office space near Portland, Oregon, just blocks from the Columbia River.
- Hybrid work environment with fully remote option for out-of-area employees.
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition assistance, paid maternity leave and more.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Welcoming, inclusive organization where everyone is valued and respected.
- Compassionate leadership team that values work/life balance.
- The opportunity to work for a respected brand in manufacturing and make a real difference in the lives of our customers.
The Project Implementation Engineer executes engineering/software install projects for a large variety of clients across a broad spectrum of industries. Duties involve installing and configuring software for new and existing customers, as well as managing and executing engineering projects for new and existing clients. This position will also travel on site to configure software, conduct training and work on customer-specific engineering tasks.
- Work with the customer as a member of their team to aid in the utilization, design and use of the dataPARC software in their production environment.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management and customer.
- Train customers on use of software in production environment, on-site and remotely.
- Lead planning and discussion meeting with customer to identify their process analysis needs and help customer execute projects to meet those needs.
- Determines and develops project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Act as the ‘voice of the customer’ with internal development team to advise on product direction.
- Manage multiple projects with different customers, while meeting project goals and timelines.
- Provides timely engineering solutions to problems associated with project assignments.
- Develops or assists with the development of project schedules by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work as part of team with customer to meet their specific needs for the software.
- Prioritizes routine work, respects schedule of others, flexible in response to changing environment.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster aid and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Participates in all training offered by Capstone as relevant to department or position
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers demonstrating a high level of confidentiality and respect.
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of the team. In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model BTG’s Code of Conduct and support BTG’s Values: Innovative, Reliable, Fair, Sustainable and Ambitious. Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Requirements analysis
- Design skills
- Project management
- Manufacturing methods and procedures
- Process improvement
- Technical understanding
- Documentation skills
- Process/project engineering
- SQL, VBA, and .NET
- Strong time management skills
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to use appropriate independent judgment to make decisions
- Ability to learn and apply organization policy and procedure
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Instrumental and Controls experience
- Historian and data processing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 1-5 years Process Engineering experience
Recruitment Privacy Notice:
Please note, before applying to a dataPARC job posting or sending us your resume/CV, kindly refer to Capstone/BTG’s Recruitment Privacy Notice, which is available on our website at: https://www.btg.com/btgs-recruiment-policy/
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in BTG/dataPARC; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.